Kale is extremely popular right now. I see it all over the food blog universe and on menus throughout Chicago.
Kale is so extremely healthy and good for you. According to WebMD, it is one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet! It can provide significant health benefits like lowered cholesterol and cancer prevention.
I started eating kale a couple of years ago when I tried an 11-day detox diet that required a serving of it every day. I was getting pretty creative around day 10 with the old kale. I really wish I knew about these chips when I was doing that detox!
Even if the health benefits didn’t lure you in, try these chips for how great they taste. Really! It is honestly surprising how tasty they are, especially if you have a craving for something crunchy and salty.
A cup of kale is just 35 calories, 0 grams of fat and has 5 grams of fiber. Compare that against a bag of Doritos!
Here is how you make the chips….
· Tear the leaves away from the woody stem (1 bunch of kale makes a small bowl of chips)
· Spread the leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet
· Spray with cooking spray until all of the leaves have a light coating
· Sprinkle with your desired seasoning (any combination of salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder, etc.)
· Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they are crispy